Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Make ur own Breakfast!!








So we had a little fun this morning when my little ones decided they would make their own Breakfast. Grandma had (ONE) small Apron so the girls wanted to break it in. Of course when theres only one of something and two 3 year olds all hell breaks loose when mom has to choose who goes first and explaining the whole taking turns routine. After a few minutes of going back and forth on who's going to use the Apron first my little malia always seems to find a place to allow her older sister by 12minutes go first. We then had to decide what they were going to make themselves for breakfast and of course with the excitement of just being able to cook their own food, they were good with whatever. So we decided to make FRENCH TOAST. They both cracked the eggs and of course a couple of shells in a bowl, took turns stirring and then one at a time cooked their own french toast, i helped them cut it in little pieces and they poured their syrup. It was the first time they hurried to their Booster chair and wanted their food right away. I was also surprised at how well they ate and listened after i allowed them to do something that made them feel responsible and confident. Funny thing is, I make frech toast at least once a week and this was the first time i heard them say "THIS WAS THE BEST FRENCH TOAST EVER" I guess no offense to mommies french toast. It's not easy doing this everyday but, I think when time permits itself children should be allowed to build that sense of confidence and feel a little responsible for things in their lives. FUN! FUN! FUN! (if you wanted to know Liza is the one in the purple Dora pajamas and malia is in the pink flower pajamas).


9 comments:

  1. I agree! It's good for them to be able to make their own messes and learn new skills that they can take with them throughout their lives!

    You are a good patient mom for letting them make their own breakfast!!!

    The girls have grown so much!!! WE miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha You Guys...the girls are so grown...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats such a good idea lol they are so big now. times go by fast for sure. I know we are trying to enjoy Hawaii as much as possible. but time is just passing us by...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls are so little anymore are they?! Aw, I miss them. I'll be waiting for them to make me some french toast when you all get back on this rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a success and lots of fun! We're doing good- living in northern Alberta now! Our son is 15 months and baby #2 is due in about 10 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! umm, maybe their french toast WAS better than yours! lol. HI CHEFS MALIA&ELIZA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! I love that you let them cook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha, I was cracking up @ the DORA pj's - so u'i, Malia & Liza! I think it's a GR8 idea to have the kids in the kitchen, they become so much less picky & seem to enjoy it more!! Thanks for posting the pics, we love seeing the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh they're so BIG!! so fun cooking with them, eh!? i don't let add do it much but she LOVES IT!

    you're amazing doing it all with the two of them.

    ReplyDelete