Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Small and simple things!!!!

This past Sunday I taught a lesson from 'The teachings of our presidents" George A. Smith. All the lessons written in this book is from the perspective of president George A. Smith. As a teacher I always find myself saying that the lessons I prepare and teach in the end was meant for "ME" because it always seems to be that way and this lesson was no different. It was a testimony builder for me. I am that much more grateful for our prophet Joseph smith for accepting and fulling his calling faithfully and willingly when the Lord called him. It was not a mistake that the Lord chose a 14year old boy to reveal many truths so that we could enjoy the blessing of this restored Gospel. The lesson I learned the most from this lesson is just like our prophet Joseph Smith, David (and Goliath), Nephi, Noah....they were chosen to fulfill big tasks so the lords work could be brought to past. The Lord does not look at how rich you are, how smart you are, how old you are or anything other than, If he needs his work to be done, he will call you!! Our job is to accept that calling . Weather our callings in the church may be small or big, weather you feel unqualified or not lets look to the examples that these men were to us, just do it... know that "By small and simple things are GREAT thing brought to pass"....Alma 37:6

No comments:

Post a Comment