Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Crockpot gets two thumbs up!



Ok so about a year ago my father in law purchased half a cow from a friend. I know right sounded weird well at least it did to this island girl when I first was told about it. But, after a little explaining to this (duh) island girl I learned that people out here and probably all over the US get their meat by going to a butcher shop. Ok like I dont think hawaii has that, or ill be surprised if they do. So anyways, you go there and u tell them you want half a cow or a whole cow and then you tell them what type of meat cuts you want and they cut and wrap it for you. I know your all probably thinking why the heck didn't she know this? Lol well I guess because hawaii don't have farms? I don't know....so to make a long story short, we had all these meats from hamburger meat to all kinds of steaks in the freezer so I decided to look up recipes for crockpot nd low and behold there are many recipes out there. Today I cooked or T bone steak in the crock pot and it was a hit. I called it mushroom steak. I'll add pictures later...YUMO! I also made tomato sirloin steak in the crock pot and my kids loved it. Cant wait for the next crockpot meal. Yay for crockpot. Well that's all for now but, can't wait to share my ultimate favorite food to eat anytime of the day.....good day!

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, i keep begging my husband to get me crockpot! lol. not like i know how to cook anything, but my mom would always cook using crockpot and it was always SO GOOD and come to find out, its SO EASY! good for you learning new recipes, i bet it has made cooking so much easier for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Leeks its so easy cause you just put everything in the pot and wala all done...You should get one Ill share some recipes with you as I experiment on it myself..lol

      Delete
  2. I love my crockpot!! We cook whole chickens in it then use it for soups, salads or sandwiches. Also, meatballs in marinara sauce and ribs are some of my favourites.

    People buy 'cows' or 1/2 cows here but it's quite pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chri I might just haft to cal on you for some recipes. And yes its very pricey here too....

    ReplyDelete