
I love Saimin cooked but Call it what you want, say what you want but this is my go to snack once every two months when I don't feel like cooking it. Yes I said it!! This brings back so many good memories in elementary school when I would eat it and then a friend (Nozomi) would tell me that it was bad because worms would grow in me(3rd grade kids) ..I stopped for awhile fearing worms in me but then my brothers would eat it all the time so I just figured If I was too get worms I'd get it with my brothers.
Now, this post is not necessarily for the HEALTH GURUS out there but just thought I might share what some of us might be missing, its not much, I mean my husband has NEVER had raw saimin...lol he said only the Haole kids in his school would eat it. Well, hubby most all of the kids in Hawaii at it..too funny
Most people like to crush it up and then put the sauce packet in and shake it around but I love to break the two pieces and then sprinkle the saimin powder over it..YUMO!! So I call it my Ghetto food cause most people dont eat it this way anymore!!! But, if your like me and need a little childhood fix once in a great while...RAW SAIMIN....lol Happy Saimin eating!!!!!
Your daughters are adorable!!!! I'm so glad you made a comment, I'll have to add your blog back onto mine! We are doing good. Living in Utah now and having baby #2 in April...a boy this time :) My brother in law is serving in the Salvador mission, he is in Pombal right now. I'll email him your nephews name. So cool!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on baby#2 so awesome.
DeleteI so still do that!
ReplyDeleteyay....
DeleteMy kids learned to eat it that way from Kupono!
ReplyDeleteLol...thats funny, my girls r not big fans of raw saimin...lol
Deletehaha YES those were the days! and i still eat it like that too! lol, great cheap yummy snack :)
ReplyDelete