Wednesday, November 18, 2009

C-section or not???

Okay so next week saturday is my due date and still no sign of any labor. Not to mention...baby is BREECH...and she is in a different position each time we get an ultrasound. Now, i really don't want to get a c-section but its looking more like this little one will not stay head down. Yesterday i went in for a VERSION which is where the doctor tries to turn baby head down from the outside of my stomach, well they go to do an ultrasound and baby was head down...so they cancelled my version and told me to go home. That was good news until this morning i had my ob doctors appointment and guess what??? Baby was back to sqaure one laying sidewards. Oh my!!!! this little one just loves to keep mommy, daddy and the doctors on our toes.

So how long does it take to recover from a c-section??? what should i prepare for if i do have a c-section. Is it hard to breast feed if you have a c-section. For those of you who have had one let me know your experience and what i should have a heads up on. Thanks a bunch!!!

9 comments:

  1. OH my goodness! I totally had no idea you were even pregnant. Congratulations! I wish I had advice for you about c-sections but I haven't gotten one. Good luck! and maybe Google it! and maybe it all depends on your pain tolerance! I don't know! sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a c-section. It takes a little bit longer to recover than usual, just because of the drugs that they give you and from the healing process of the incision. I had a very bad experience (sorry, not to put you off) but basically i was pumped full of drugs (they maxed me out) and then had to get general beacuse the local didnt work. Becuase i had som many drugs in my system, it took both of us about 3-4 days to "come round" and becuase it took so long we were not able to breast feed. But that doesnt meant that you wont be able to. Most people can, just the select few who cant. I didnt EBF for the first few months, he just did not learn the technique of latchong on. Good luck with it all!!!! C-sections really are not that bad!

    you also may be in the hospital for a little bit longer, so pack a few more changes of underwear etc. You also wont be able to lift anything heavy or do laundry, move things etc, for about 6 weeks (they say) afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're pregnant?! Congrats! Post some pics!!!!!!

    Delivering a breech baby vaginally can be more complicated but it's still very possible! I think doctors are too scared these days so they say it has to be a c-section. My understanding is that the baby can continue to turn until she 'drops' which may be right before delivery. If you're comfortable with it try to wait it out and see what happens. In my labour readings I discovered that babies born by c-sections when the mother had gone into labour on her own before hand had a decreased risks of breathing issues compared to when the c-section was done without any signs of labour.

    Have you tried lying on the floor with pillows under your pelvis for short periods of times throughout the day? Also spend as much time on your hands and knees- these worked for me at 37 weeks...

    Whatever you decide good luck~ Ill be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, wut a trooper, u and your baby girl, haha! i wish i had some c-section advice but i don't, lol. goodluck marie and can't wait to see some pictures of the new addition "hopefully" next week? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for responding. Hope to get through this soon, I'll keep you all updated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how did i not know you were even pregnant! where have i been? congrats on the baby! since I have never had a c-section i can't say...shanae jones would be great to talk about with that. kara ford from hawaii had all her kids via c-section and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay so I don't know if you've had the baby already but here's my advice to you. I had bad experiences with my first two that were born naturally. Kalei beat me up because his shoulders were stuck and it took me a long time to recover. I lost a lot of blood and almost had to have a transfusion. I would get the c-section. I had one with Kamalu and I recovered faster than I did with Kalei. It's a different kind of pain. I breastfed him too. He has the perfect round head (if that makes any difference) =). Just don't push yourself too much in the beginning. I was up and walking the day after we got back from the hospital since we had to take him back to get tested for jaundice. You should be fine if you have help around. Let me know how it goes. Good luck and if anybody can do it, you can. You had twins already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Either way you'll do great Maria. You had two babies last time now you'll only have one! I was scared and didn't want a c-section either and was lucky enough to have Paisley normally, I hear you recover quickly. Your lucky to have family there with you also! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete